There comes a time when feeling young no longer equates to looking young. It is only natural for skin to age as we grow older. Skin will dry up and sag as it stops producing a substance called collagen which is known to maintain the skin’s natural elasticity, giving it a fresh and healthy glow. Skin aging may not be something that can be completely stopped, but it doesn’t mean it can’t be slowed down. There are many ways to delay the inevitable. Here are some tips on how to achieve younger looking skin that is free of visible wrinkles and fine lines:
- Protect the skin from the sun – Frequent exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays can cause premature skin aging. People in their early to mid-20s can look older than they are because of the sun damage on their skin. Sun damaged skin isn’t limited to the face. The skin that covers the entire body can also look old, dull and dry if not properly protected from the sun. Make sure to use sun screen on all exposed areas before leaving the house. For the face, it is better to use make up or face creams that have SPF protection to keep unsightly blemishes such as sun spots at bay. Lip balm with SPF protection is also recommended to keep one’s lips hydrated and free from sun damage.
- Cleanse, Tone, and Moisturize – Keeping skin clean, toned and moisturized is a good way to achieve young and vibrant looking skin. One doesn’t have to wait until they’re older to start this particular skin care regimen. In fact, it can prevent breakouts in teens and younger adults as well. For those who want to have younger looking skin, this routine helps keep the skin healthy and maintains the proper balance of moisture on the skin. Keeping skin moisture properly balanced can be a tricky thing. Most skin cleansers and toners strip away the skin’s natural moisture which is why it is important to use a good moisturizer after using a facial cleanser and toner. This will give the skin a dewy look without the excess oil that the skin produces when it is over-cleansed. Also, pay attention to the areas underneath the jaw line. A youthful looking face doesn’t really go well with wrinkles on the neck.
- Hydrate – Water plays a big part in the anti-aging battle. Drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day isn’t just healthy for the body. It’s also good for the skin. This is because when the body is properly hydrated, the skin receives a lot of that water which keeps it from growing dry. The trick to staying properly hydrated all day is not to binge on water on certain parts of the day as the body will only absorb what it needs at that time and the rest will just be expelled from the body. It is better for a person to carry a bottle of water wherever they go to make sure they stay properly hydrated the whole day. Drinking coconut water instead of carbonated drinks can also help with skin health as it is healthier and hydrates the body much faster.
- Use products with anti-aging properties – The face products people use in their youth are not as effective once their skin begins to age. The key to looking for the best face cream for wrinkles among a host of facial care products out in the market is to choose one that is right for one’s skin type and does not contain ingredients that may irritate the skin and cause redness. To be sure about a particular product and its ingredients, it is always a good idea to consult a dermatologist first for proper guidance on skin care.
- Get some rest – Being tired and lacking sleep manifests itself on the skin. Also, skin regenerates faster as we sleep so to make sure that the body is producing enough new skin cells, make sure to get a good night’s rest. For a fresher, younger look, try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. Stress is also something that reflects on the skin, so take advantage of any vacation time available for some much needed R&R.
Since skin aging begins as early as when a person is in their mid-20s, it is important to take care of one’s skin as early as possible. Prevention is definitely better than any cure available in a bottle. Make sure you take care of your skin and you’ll always look radiant.
Author Bio: Shellie Brian is top rated diet and health expert. Her main work is dedicated to her own website NoCelluliteGuide